Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sydney smiles

Most days my work keeps me tied to my desk or closeted in meetings, particularly at this time of year. 

Today, was a bit different.

I was out on a site visit to look at a venue for the Australian Tourism Awards.



Luna Park is a popular Sydney attraction located on Sydney harbour.  It originally opened in 1935 but  closed in 1979 after a fatal fire in the Ghost Train.  It didn't really open again successfully until 2004. 
It is now a leisure and corporate playground, combining amusement rides and venues for functions and events. 

Although I have good memories visiting in my teens,  an icecream followed by a ride on the Rotor was something I wish to forget.   So was coming down in our cage upside down from the top of the ferris wheel.

Original features - including the iconic smiling face at the entrance- remain, and looked great today. 

The sun was shining and the sky a bright Sydney blue.  Summer is here - at least for the moment.

 I can't believe the clarity of my photo, looking back under the Harbour Bridge to the city and the Opera House. And no that is not a white apartment block on the right - it is a cruise ship.

Don't you think when Sydney smiles, it really smiles?

2 comments:

  1. I overheard my aunt once telling my mother not to let me come to Sydney because I would never, ever return stateside.
    Such gorgeous photos - I think she would be right!

    ReplyDelete