Sunday, March 3, 2013

A blog hiatus

Did you notice that Farmlife Citylife has been on hold for the last 8 weeks?

Real life just got in the way.

A family trip mid January to Waikehe Island in New Zealand to celebrate my sister A's significant birthday was eventful. 
She had to fly back to Australia with my nephew L - who was extremely ill - before the party started.   
We celebrated somewhat flatly without her.

L's subsequent hospitalisation has been of course very worrying. 

On the work front,  this is always a very busy time in the lead-up to the event I manage - this year particularly so. I seemed to have been hunched over my computer and phone for 12 hours a day since New Year. 

No time or desire to blog.

The good news is L is on the road to recovery after surgery and six weeks in hospital.
It has been a long road for him - but it has been a joy to see him getting stronger in the last week particularly. I am in awe of this gorgeous young man who has managed to keep his good nature and  humour intact throughout some very stressful and painful times.

Work-wise the awards event went very well. Have had some great feedback- which makes it worthwhile.

In any case I  have finally been able to think about something else, catching up on sleep and with friends, sorting my business admin out, thinking about new projects, walking, doing yoga, reading, watching TV, cooking again and letting the tension of the last couple of months ebb out of my body.

Am looking forward to being  a blogger again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment