Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Country Trader


There is no better way to spend a grey Saturday afternoon than wandering around
  The Country Trader, in Waterloo, Sydney.

My love of french antiques can only be sated by immersing myself from time to time in these beautiful rooms, where tantalising vignettes of decorative items are surrounded by authentic French furniture. 

The price tags are mostly way out of my league - but it is a very satisfying experience and less tempting to purchase than if they were closer to what I could afford -  if that makes sense.



Three times around the store I was still finding items I hadn't seen before.

M would love these I know.


This collection of Portugese green majolica (not antique)  reminded me of my growing collection on the farm.  This is great value and I use it all the time. 
There is even a pic of a piece on my blog header.


Not sure this would be comfortable for TV watching


Another pretty display.

My living room?

For our farm patio perhaps?  Pity I can't freight it!


This armoire would go beautifully in our farmhouse dining room - including the champagne of course.


Have always loved blue and white pottery.


Thou shalt not covet...

But I can look, can't I?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back posting. Our best to L and his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- look forward to seeing your posts about Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is more French than France!!! Oh my, I would be lost in there for hours on end. What a wonderful selection...the best pieces always get snapped up by the international dealers, it is true!
    Seeing Stevev's response, I will also send Good Wishes along.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete