Thursday, June 21, 2012

First day

Woke to a beautiful sunny day after a pretty good nights sleep.  
The welcome home champagne helped!

Typically my first day back on the farm is spent thinking about all of the projects
 I want to do while I am here.  
Sad,  I know. 
 I have to keep reminding myself to relax and enjoy the moment.  
It takes a few days to shake off my citylife.

Mark just ignores my list of "honey do" projects and goes at his own steady farm pace. 
First up, a tour of his extended and impressive garden - lots of tomatoes, peas, beans, zucchinis, kale, garlic, peppers, broccoli.

The peach trees are laden, with fruit falling before we can pick it. The best crop we have ever had.

 I prepared a lemon and thyme roast chicken, which we cooked in the WFO (wood fired oven) and had with orzo, pesto and sauteed zucchini from our garden.
A salad with the first crop of cherry tomatoes.
Eaten outside, with a beautiful sunset, a nice breeze and no bugs. 
Perfect.

Too tired to take a photo of the meal - but couldn't resist this one as the sun went down.


And off to bed.

1 comment: