Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Doing lunch

Looking at the crowd today, in Sydney plenty of men and women find the time to do lunch.
I just find it hard to fit in with work.
When I can do it - I really enjoy it.

Friends BdR & JS and I headed to Pendolino, an Italian restaurant in the Strand Arcade, one of Sydney's oldest and most beautiful shopping centres.
Strand Arcade

It was a very dimly lit, intimate space. 

We started with this variety of bread - olive, walnut and white with three different oils. The Sanguinella was my favourite 

The special "lets do lunch" meal
was handmade sweet pea ravioli with gorgonzola cream and burnt butter





 A delicate pasta, fresh pea filling and creamy sauce - decadent!

We shared two desserts 

A nougat,  Ligurian honey and almond milk semifreddo with candied almond and crostoli




And a vanilla bean and goat curd bavarese with a textured strawberry salad




BdR has been known to take her holidays in October - just to go to as many Crave Sydney International Food Festival events as she can.

JS loves the pasta and ambience of Pendolino.

A great choice for lunch or dinner.  I'd go back again.

1 comment:

  1. that was a much better lunch than my chicken salad-wish I was there but it sounds like it
    was a girls only affair.

    ReplyDelete