Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Everyday wildlife


As much as Australia is renowned for its wildlife, we don't have this native american animal



I went to sleep last night to the sound of coyotes and was awakened by them this morning. It must have been a big night out in the woods near our fields.

At first they sound almost melodious. Then their baying conversation became louder with the pack reaching an overwhelming crescendo. Like a good dinner party, I thought. 


However, M said this morning the howling increased when they caught and killed some other animal, which I must say has never happened at a party of ours.

I read today that as they become more used to humans they could attack so I plan not to go looking for them for a photo op for the blog.
Instead I thought I would share these photos I downloaded so that Australian readers can see what they look like. Similar to a dingo perhaps?

Don't think it is all scary animals here - we had a gentle visitor yesterday afternoon


A young doe not even 100 metres from our farmhouse


Meandering slowly on wobbly legs under the fruit trees- keeping one eye on us


Only running off when I got up from my chair in the yard to have a closer look.


No comments:

Post a Comment