Monday, August 13, 2012

All over the place this weekend

A busy weekend where my farm life and city life happily merged.

 Friday night off to the city for an excellent dinner at Harvest with our friend Gwen.

On Saturday Max and Sue flew up from Memphis in their very tiny plane and spent the night with us.

Max took off for some acrobatic practise and flew over the farm to give us a show.  
My heart was in my mouth as he dipped and dove above us, then for a finale did a drop that involved the plane sounding like it had stalled and was about to crash....
I was still shaking when he came back.

Why do you do it, I asked?  
"It's fun" he said calmly with a smile. 

A relaxed dinner outside under the stars ended this special farm day.



Sunday night a taste of city life again, this time in the beautiful historic home of our friend Jeff.

As we arrived the sun was shining on the house and I couldn't resist taking this photo.

It looks like it could be the French Embassy


As I walked into the foyer I couldn't help but feel the difference between 
our modest farmhouse and this elegant townhouse.
In the late 1800s the original owner used the top floor as a ballroom for Friday night dance parties. 
The stories that could be told....

Dan Dan cooked a delicious Chinese meal for us featuring vegetables and two fresh fish - one steamed with ginger and green onions, and the other stir fried.
Lots of fine wine was served.
We ate under a magnificent chandelier in the dining room


And were watched over by this fascinating woman


A weekend that encapsulated my two diverse worlds perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment