Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back in Sydney again

And it seems nothing has changed since I left in June- the Gillard and Rudd challenge continues to make headlines. I wish they'd just get it over with.
Makes a change though from the US election hype.

Arrived back without luggage, although I have been assured that it is en route and will be delivered today.

I hope so - I have two very full suitcases of clothing and Christmas presents.
The favourable exchange rate and low prices stateside meant that there was really no reason to not shop. Clothing prices in Australia are ridiculously high.  I am not sure why we continue to be gutted at the cash register- but it means I don't and won't buy anything here.  
I do without until I get back to the mid west.

Spring has sprung here and all around me are vibrant azaleas in full bloom.


They always remind me of my Mum. It is still strange to come back after being away and find her not here.
 She would have loved seeing these blooms outside her window.


No comments:

Post a Comment