Friday, July 6, 2012

City v Country Swimming


I am enjoying a swim at the local pool here while the temperatures are high.
I love swimming - in pools, harbours, surf beaches.  
Not lakes so much - although a dip in Carlyle Lake on Tuesday was good once I got past the slimy shoreline.

I like swimming laps best in a pool. 
Once I have got my into my swim groove - the laps click by. 
44 today ie 1,100 yards = 1006 metres! 

Swimming in the country is different than swimming in the city.

It costs less - $1 per visit (compared to $10 in Sydney).
There are less people in the pool - 6 this morning- so no-one is chasing me up the lane or passing.
I feel like extending my swim  because I don't have to rush here or anywhere afterwards.
Although it takes me 15- 20 minutes to drive 10 miles to the pool here it can take the same time to drive 5 miles in Sydney. 
Parking is free.



You can't, unfortunately, get a cappucino.  
Nothing better than a great coffee after a swim for me.

The city view isn't bad either.



No comments:

Post a Comment