Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trash or treasure?

Had a quick and enjoyable trip on Sunday/Monday to Paducah Kentucky with my friend Nanci. 
One of the things we like to do together is antiquing.
We are not collectors of any specific collectibles.
We both mostly look for home furnishings and decorator items, we are happy to find a bargain and we know immediately if we step into a store if it is likely to have any treasures for us.
We still quickly look around just in case we spot something hidden- but it is a real pleasure when we enter a store that has creative and thoughtful displays, is clean, the staff are helpful and knowledgeable and it doesn't look like it is a room of junk.

However, we all know that one person's trash is another persons treasure.

This is my treasure from the last two days.


A pressed tin ceiling panel I think will end up on a wall  in the farmhouse.
A watering can for Mark.


My favourite piece - this beautiful old stone bottle.
Late 1800s - early 1900s apparently...
I love it.
The feel of it in my hand, its colour and sheen and history.
I wonder who owned it and where it has been.


A jar that is very similar to the bottle, but not as pretty and a kerosene lamp.
These lamps are available everywhere - but it was a great price, in good condition and I have been looking for one to add to two I already have in the bathroom.

What do you think - is this trash or treasure?


No comments:

Post a Comment